Friday, February 6, 2009

what do you mean it's not wheel?

This is a bit of old news, but it's perfect.

My 13 year old nephew loves anything mac (who doesn't). But bliss was when he heard about the new "macbook wheel." Apparently it debuted at the mac world conference (?) and he even had the video to prove it.





Ok, that was pretty funny. My nephew is young and innocent and has no idea what the onion is about (it's a parody, i.e. not real). But, I wondered who else might know about this fake mac wheel and be excited. Surely the 19 minute battery and 45 minute email would be dead giveaways, so I probably wouldn't have much luck. But, news flies at super speed on the internet - especially when it comes to a new mac. And I wondered how many people had already called mac to reserve the mac wheel.

I called my brother today to find out. Did you hear about the new mac with the big wheel? He read about it, he said. Couldn't wait until it came out and was already saving his money. "Wheely?" I hate to be the spoiler, but better save your money for something else.

He was kind of disappointed. Not one to back down, he did make a good point - even if it's not out now it could actually happen - and he's right. But it's not wheel, at least not yet. Right now, it's just a little dandelion...

1 comment: